Two living legends ‘live’ in Singapore: Poland’s greatest living composer, Krysztof Penderecki (b.1933) conducts the SSO in his own compositions, while horn legend Radovan Vlatković takes on the solo for the composer’s dazzling Horn Concerto. Known for his ingenious scoring, dark orchestral timbres, wild terror and neo-Romantic mysticism that has influenced many contemporary film composers, this is a rare opportunity to watch Penderecki impart his musical wisdom in person.
Pre-concert talk: 6.30pm at library@esplanade
- Children must be age 7 and above to be admitted into the hall.
- Children under 7 will not be admitted into the hall, even with a ticket.
- Please bring along proof of child’s age, such as a student concession pass, as random checks may be conducted at the venue.
- Parents or guardians of children admitted are strongly encouraged to purchase aisle seats.
- We reserve the right to ask parents to bring children out of the hall should they be disruptive during the performance.
- No admission without a ticket.